Dave in Australia

I've now left Malaysia... I had an absolutely awesome time... words can't describe... I loved it soo much! In australia with my good friend Jonny now, visiting him in the University of Western Australia for a couple of weeks before heading home...

Saturday, August 19

todd has gone...



Todd left this morning... which means i'm here alone... it has been amazing opportunity to serve here alongside him and we both fully believe that God had it all under control as we've got along so well... I could have been here with anyone in the world and we could've experienced all kinds of problems... but there were none :-) praise God for that!

We've had another answer to prayer in that I really wanted to visit the east coast of malaysia before i left, and it was looking like if i wanted to do that i would have to go in the last week and cancel the english class and the alpha course... which was beginning to pose a bit of a moral dilemna... thankfully God has found a way and JR and I are setting off on an overnight bus tonight to spend two days at the Redang Island beach resort (search online if you want to see what its like) before getting another overnight bus back on monday night, leaving plenty of time to rest and prepare for English class on tuesday evening...



Big blessings on Thursday night (and Tuesday actually) as attendance was really quite high at alpha, we split into two large groups after the video and were able to have interesting discussion about why Jesus had to die...

Please pray for:

  • alpha and english class next week
  • a safe journey home for Todd
  • a safe and enjoyable time for me and JR at the east coast
  • two girls (ching siew and siaw chian) who we bought bilingual bibles for yesterday
  • continued bible study with kelvin and chuen hoe even though todd has gone

7 Comments:

At 4:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear everything worked out with you and JR. It's gonna be pretty sweet. Just thought I'd write a little bit and say hi (even though I've been gone for like 5 hours). Thanks again Dave. Have a great last week.

 
At 5:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did you do that? internet cafe in an airport? I've been sleeping mostly since you left but I just woke up and its different here without you... hope i don't miss you too much...

 
At 6:28 pm, Blogger James Doc said...

Hey Dave, it's James Doc form Hebron. Just to let you know that i've been reading your blog and i'll be praying for you and the other stuff you've been writing about!

 
At 7:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey james...

good to hear from you... thanks for reading and thanks for your prayers.. I had a look at your blog earlier... good stuff

 
At 8:23 pm, Blogger Kat said...

Great stuff Dave, sounds awesome. Keep up the amazing work, praise God in all you do!

C u soon

 
At 3:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,
reading this reminds me of the things I used to get up to in Belgium - especially the wondering if anyone was going to show up for Bible Study!

Glad you're having a good time. I'll be thinking of you (and maybe even praying - I still do, occasionally!) as you return to 'reality' - it can be tough...

Gill (Holly's Mum)

 
At 10:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment mrs Holly's mum ("Gill")... how is holly?

We had English Class last night which I had to lead alone as Todd wasn't there, we had our biggest attendence with new people coming, as well as the regulars... the class went really well and I was able to share the Christian message with a friend who asked me what it was... he's a budhist but said he's open minded and wants to learn about all the religions...

I'm meeting some students for lunch and i'll try to post again when i get back...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home