Dave in Australia

I've now left Malaysia... I had an absolutely awesome time... words can't describe... I loved it soo much! In australia with my good friend Jonny now, visiting him in the University of Western Australia for a couple of weeks before heading home...

Saturday, July 15

how am i feeling?


I'm immensely looking forward to stepping off the plane and walking (or stumbling after a 12 hour flight), hazy eyed into a scenario that I've never been in before, I'm looking forward to meeting the other members of my team, James Kang and Todd Bradely Suave (awesome!)... but even before all this I'm looking forward to that exciting moment of arriving at heathrow on sunday afternoon... taking my place on the plane, hopefully sitting next to someone pretty cool, who is willing to talk when you want to talk and will leave you be if you just want to chill and rest...

I love sleeping while i travel, not sure why, i just do... I fell asleep in the car today, good stuff... so in my mind i'm dividing my flight into three different blocks of about four hours, one spent listening to the music i'm loving at the moment (I really hope that Malaysia has some interesting and unique music to offer...) and reading (I hope to finish the book I got from my housemate ben for my birthday: D. L. Moody by John Pollock - paints a superb picture of a man who inspires you to keep going and going) a second block of time spent chatting with my new found aeroplane friend (possibly two of them, you never know) and a final block of time spent sleeping... love it!

I'm going to be sharing a room with someone, although I'm not sure who though - I know its going to be in a satellite township about 30km from KL called Petaling Jaya... the arrival address i've been given is Block L 1-2, Happy Apartment - you got to love that! By the way I arrive at about 2.30pm on monday I think (Malaysia time which is +8hrs), I have no idea what I'll be doing when I arrive which is pretty exciting... I've also been told that if you go to the check in looking smart you have more chance of being upgraded so I'm going to give that a go, I'll let you know how I get on...

I think I'll leave it there... can't wait!

1 Comments:

At 6:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I can tell everyone you obviously weren't smart enough because you didn't get that upgrade you were after! Still it was nice to see you in decent clothes for a change and I can remember you looking oh, so cool in your new linen jacket whilst you're away!

Mum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home